Friday, May 30, 2008

Finally!!

Well, the Celtics closed out the Pistons and setup the Celtics vs. Lakers Finals. This was a good game from the tip. My take on the game is as follows:

1) Be You - See, this whole getting on Rasheed about him being cordial and a good sportsman with the Celtics was stupid. Since his teammates got on him, Rasheed didn't give KG any love prior to the tip. Now, to me,....you have to let Sheed be Sheed. If you have an issue with him having respect, then YOU have the issue. I understand that Lindsey Hunter and Rip Hamilton are the two that came out and talked to Sheed after Game 5. I'm not saying that this threw Sheed off his game, but Sheed didn't play well in Game 6. Should have left him alone.

2) Chauncey Billups - Where have you been? I guess that hammy is ok. Billups put it all on the line and did what he could to help his team win. Flip Saunders should have ordered a lot more pick and roll because the Celtics couldn't play that very well.

3) The Truth - This was a big game for PP. I guess he channeled as much of Kobe as he could. The Celtics put on a big 4th quarter to finish this game out. He is the only Celtic that can put the ball on the floor and create his shot or shots for others. Along with his free throws, the Truth and the Celtics showed some poise down the stretch to close out the Pistons. 29-11 run in the 4th says it all.

4) Flip Saunders - It was nice coaching the Pistons, good luck finding your next job. I'm pretty sure that Flip will be unemployed in the next few weeks. Avery Johnson, aren't you out of a job?

5) Maxiell and Stuckey - Can Joe Dumars get some love for drafting players that can play? Yes, he did draft Darko, but he kind of had to because Melo isn't going to play D. But Maxiell hit some tough shots in the clutch and Stuckey, wow, I'm amazed at his poise. He didn't seem to be nervous and he was taking shots when it mattered.

So, we have the Finals settled and the two most storied NBA Franchises (30 NBA titles out of the 61). You have Kobe and Lakers going against the new (for the younger generation) Big 3 in Boston. After watching the Lakers dismantle the Spurs the other night I felt that no one would be able to beat the Lakers. After watching the Celtics close out the Pistons in Detroit, along with overcoming being down in the 4th, I am giving the Celtics a boxer's chance. So, I'm going to step up and make my prediction now, while I'm on my high from the Celtics winning the East. With that said, I gotta say the NBA Champion will be the................L....o......s.......A......n,....aw hell to the naw. The NBA Champion will be wearing GREEN and WHITE. I got the Celtics in 7. Who you got?

No comments: