Monday, July 21, 2008

Are you ready for some,.......

FOOTBALL?!!? Yes it's that time again. With training camps opening around the country, I can just smell football right around the corner. Everyone, at least right now, has a chance (in some cases very small) of playing in Tampa Bay in the Superbowl. We'll see what's happening in the NFL, with the biggest story already in the mix for the Redskins:

Day One Training camp, first play, you lose your starting DE Phillip Daniels to a torn ACL and then in the afternoon practice you lose another DE in Alex Buzbee to a ruptured Achilles tendon, it seems as though the Redskins have plans for watching the Superbowl with me this year. With some great maneuvering (and quick I might add) the Redskins trade for Jason Taylor. Talk about filling in a gap. I've always thought that Taylor has been a good player on the edge when it comes to rushing the passer, but not so good against the run. With that said, I think he'll definitely gives the Redskins a nuance that some teams don't have. Taylor can play with his hand in the ground or standing up in the Redskins 4-3 D and that will cause problems for opposing teams. This is a great pickup for the Redskins since they are in a win it now mode. They have to hope that they have matured on the offensive side of the ball (Jason Campbell) for them to have a chance. The D will be ok.

Favre Returns to Lambeau, not to suit up and play but to deliver a speech for his former center, Frank Winters, as he enters the Packers HOF. I've said this before, Green Bay and Favre need to kiss and make up, so that we can get this off of TV. Training camp is around the corner.

A follow up to a previous mention, Pats OL Nick Kaczur was arrested (April 27, 2008) with 202 OxyContin pills in his possession. You mean to tell me that this guy didn't get jail time for this? That's a little bit more than needed for your own personal use. AND he didn't flip (as he stated previously) on his provider/seller,....yeah right. Are all things dirty in Boston?

I will go ahead and make some picks (wow, that's early) for this year's Superbowl. Not saying I'm Nostradamus or anyone, but this is what I have. The AFC will be represented (FINALLY) by the San Diego Chargers. Yes, with this much talent and some luck from the injury bug, the Chargers finally put it all together. From the NFC, we'll have the,.....well I'm kind of mixed here. I have either the Cowboys or the Redskins representing the NFC. I think Jason Campbell is respectable and they have a great running game, so I expect the Redskins to be right there. The Cowboys have everything except a complimentary receiver for TO and I hope that after the money that he got over the summer that Marion Barber holds up for the entire year. The difference will be the QBs and I'm not so sold on Mr. Jessica Simpson just yet. So I'm putting my cards on the table with Chargers vs. Redskins/Cowboys. I can always change my mind,...right??

No comments: