Friday, September 28, 2012

2012-13 NFL Week 3 Wrap Up

I think I did jinx myself.  These games are getting harder and harder to predict.  Can I just blame it on the replacement refs?  Yeah, I think I'm going to blame it on them. 

New York Giants @ Carolina - I think the Panthers are just showing up to play this game because they looked terrible last week.  After this loss, the fish frying of Cam Newton pretty much said it all.  Young guy who needs to grow up, but probably should have been handled in house.  Inquisitive Mind 0-1 for the week.

St. Louis @ Chicago - I am still waiting for Cutler to give me a solid outing for my fantasy team and this week put me at the 3 week point of my wait.  The Bears defense largely won this game and the Bears have got to find a way to fix their tackle issues or this is going to be a painful season to watch.  Inquisitive Mind 1-1 for the week. 

Tampa Bay @ Dallas - This was my upset pick of the week and we were this close, right?  Not sure why the Bucs decided to start playing this game so late.  Vincent Jackson caught his first pass of the game in the 4th quarter with under 3 minutes to play.  Let that sink in.  Dallas won, but they didn't look good doing it.  Problems in Dallas?  Inquisitive Mind 1-2 for the week. 

Buffalo @ Cleveland - Buffalo's defense finally showed up and helped their team win this game.  This is the Mario Williams that they paid big money for.  Ryan Fitzpatrick had a wonderful game and with the running contributions from Spiller and Jackson (yes, both are hurt now) this team can win the AFC East.  Don't count them out.  Inquisitive Mind 2-2 for the week

New York Jets @ Miami - Mark Sanchez does not need to attempt 45 passes a game.  Against a better team, this would have ended badly for the Jets.  Well, it ended badly for the Jets anyway.  They won the game but lost Revis for the year and that's a big loss for that defense.  They gotta find a running game to make things easier for Sanchez.  I did like the fact that he and Santonio Holmes seem to be vibing pretty well to keep that passing game going.  The Dolphins got over 180 yards on the ground from a crew of RBs and almost pulled this upset off.  Inquisitive Mind 3-2 for the week.

San Francisco @ Minnesota - One of my guys at work is a diehard Vikings fan and he just knew that they were going to take an 'L' in this game.  do you know how happy he was Monday morning?  The Vikings punished the 49ers and won this game.  146 yards on the ground and their defense was able to bother Alex Smith enough to get this win.  I think they are still partying in Minny over this one.  Inquisitive Mind 3-3 for the week. 

Kansas City @ New Orleans - Drew Brees gave it his all, but even he can't win with this Saints defense.  The Saints are 0-3 with a tough road game in Green Bay next week.  Wow, even I didn't think it'd be this bad.  Inquisitive Mind 3-4 for the week.  

Cincinnati @ Washington - The Redskins should have won this game, but they didn't.  They were able to control the clock and run the ball, Fred Davis showed up and had a game and RGIII played pretty well.  Cincy was able to get the big plays and win this one 38-31.  The Redskins offensive line looked worse than the Bears, so that explains the 6 sacks that the rookie endured.  Inquisitive Mind 4-4 for the week.

Detroit @ Tennessee - My coin flip on this game ended up on the wrong side.  The Lions came back and tied this game and maybe that was the win they wanted, but the Titans were able to get the win in OT.  All the big names showed up in this game with the exception of Chris Johnson (is he still on a milk carton somewhere?).  Inquisitive Mind 4-5 for the week.  

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis - I apologize for saying that the Jaguars are possibly the worst team in the league because obviously they read this and MJD decided to prove me wrong with 177 yards on the ground.  Not only did he perform well, the team came back and beat the Colts late.  I still like this Andrew Luck fella, he's going to be good.  Inquisitive Mind 4-6 for the week.   

Philadelphia @ Arizona - Well, let's just say the ex-girlfriend started doing the bar method and came out looking like (imagine any naked movie actress or actor for the ladies).  The Cardinals defense dayum near killed Vick and made Philadelphia, at least for the day, rue the fact that they got rid of Kolb.  Inquisitive Mind 4-7 for the week

Atlanta @ San Diego - I still don't think the Chargers showed up for this game.  They were soundly beat in all 3 phases.  The only highlight for the Chargers was that Butler, Spikes and Bigby combined for 40 tackles.  Sounds pretty good, but it just means they had the opportunity to play defense way too many times.  Inquisitive Mind 5-7 for the week.  

Houston @ Denver - Manning almost pulled off another come from behind win again.  That's twice in 2 weeks, but instead he ended up with 2 'L's.  The Texans defense played decently, but Matt Schaub looked pretty good and if he can stay healthy, they may end up being the representative for the AFC in the Super Bowl.  Inquisitive Mind 6-7 for the week.  

Pittsburgh @ Oakland - So, as soon as I say I don't believe in the Raiders, they come out and beat the Steelers.  How does this stuff happen?  This is killing me over here.  Inquisitive Mind 6-8 for the week. 

New England @ Baltimore - Ravens won and I'm happy about that, but I do not think that this team can depend on this offense all year long.  They just seem to be up and down from game to game.  Hopefully they get better.  Defense has to find a way to get pressure without blitzing.  Inquisitive Mind 7-8 for the week.

Green Bay @ Seattle - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Hey, at least this caused the old refs to get their jobs back.  That was an interception called a touchdown.  I really don't have much else to say about this game.  I just hope the Packers aren't a game away from the playoffs.  Inquisitive Mind 7-9 for the week.  


Another 7-9 week,......I think I'm going to have to find a new hobby.  That puts us squarely at 21-27 for the season.  At least it's early, right?  Still got a chance, right?  It's a marathon not a sprint, right?  Not sure if I believe all of this yet.  On to week 4. 

No comments: