Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bad Math Strikes Again


First Michael Vick and now this. Michael Phelps has been caught on camera (in a photo) smoking 'Mary Jane' from a bong. Phelps has admitted to the following:

In a statement released to The Associated Press, the swimmer who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games conceded the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World. Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

Now, from a marketing standpoint this guy is messing up his money. He came back from the Olympics as a hero and a good image for all to market. He was going to make millions of dollars an not even have to get back in a pool. He had Mastercard, HSBC, Speedo, and others just flocking to him to pay him money. Now he's caught on film hitting a bong. What a dummy?!?!?!? When you have that much money, why not get high at home? Invite your boys over, invite a couple of women, smoke and have a good time. Don't mess up your money like this.

Now with that said, I don't condone smoking the endo, because I've never done it myself and I didn't need it to have have fun or mello out. But if you're going to smoke, smoke at home. Get you a weed carrier (from my boy AB) and don't mess up your money. It's not a big deal to get caught with the endo, but it is illegal.


What was Michael Phelps thinking? Why do something illegal outside of your own crib when you have stacks of loot? Where is his weed carrier?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another stupid, rich idiot that also happens to be an athlete. I have no empathy for him. May he loss many endorsements, thousand of dollars and future opportunities because of this.

He's an adult. I don't have a problem with him smoking weed, his choice but damn have since enough to do it around those you trust and in your own backyard.

The 'pool' for stupid fools is bottomless.