Maybe I should spend more time with the kids around when I make my picks, things seem to work out better. After this week, I might even let my youngest make my Week 7 Picks. Talk about a tough week. Let's take a look at the carnage.
San Francisco @ Detroit
- The let down was with the Lions as they finally took an 'L' for the first time this season. Yes, this hurt, which is why you saw all of this Hand Shakegate for the majority of the week. Harbaugh may be somewhat of an a$$, but I don't think that he was trying to instigate anything. It just looked bad, like he was telling Schwartz, take your coat, your hat, and leave with that shove in the back. Inquisitive Mind 0 - 1 for the week.
St. Louis @ Green Bay
- The Packers let up on this one. They dominated the first half and then practiced the second half. Where are all of the Rams fans? Wasn't this supposed to be the year that they turned things around. This is really a rhetorical question. Inquisitive Mind 1 - 1 for the week.
Carolina @ Atlanta
- This was a good game until the Panthers imploded. Well, let me also add that the Falcons had to be saying to themselves, we CAN'T lose this game. So, Cam has gently come back to earth after a great start to the first 4 weeks of his career and the Falcons realized that Michael Turner can actually run the ball. Good win for the Falcons. Inquisitive Mind 1 - 2 for the week.
Indianapolis @ Cincinnati -
When it goes bad, it just goes bad. Both teams were basically even statistically except in the one category that mattered and that was turnovers. The Colts had 3 and the Bengals had none. Game over. Still waiting for Painter to look decent and not this bad. Maybe Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis are hoping for a trade now. Inquisitive Mind 1 - 3 for the week.
Buffalo @ New York Giants
- Turnovers will kill you. Not so much by the points that were scored but the idea that the Bills had opportunities to score and then gave the ball away. They lost on a late Tynes field goal, after basically matching the Giants from a production standpoint. Maybe it's time to get off this Bill bandwagon before it goes downhill. Inquisitive Mind 1 - 4 for the week.
Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh - Thank you Steelers for winning a game this week. They didn't dominate as I had thought, but at least they won. As long as this Steeler team hangs around, they are going to be dangerous. Inquisitive Mind 2 - 4 for the week.
Philadelphia @ Washington
- The Eagles came thisclose to losing this game. How can you not get a yard? Every offense in the NFL should be able to get one yard on the ground to get a first down. Why is it that the Eagles continually, through the years, have this problem? They finally stopped the bleeding and that's probably thanks to Rex Grossman and his 4 INTs. Can't depend on Grossman to give you games in the future. Inquisitive Mind 3 - 4 for the week.
Houston @ Baltimore
- I guess the big question for this game is whether Flacco is going to cost the Ravens a few games or is there something else going on? There's something holding this Ravens offense back and the easy answer is the QB, but I'm not so sure. I like Flacco and think that he is a pretty decent QB, but with the options he has as receivers, he's got to put up better numbers than he did in this game. Just need to watch this going forward. That defense is only going to be able to do what they do in the manner they do it for a limited time going forward, so they need to capitalize on this opportunity now. Inquisitive Mind 4 - 4 for the week.
Cleveland @ Oakland
- Sucks to be Jason Campbell. He was playing well and then he gets hurt (broken collarbone) and he is in the last year of his contract. Now the Raiders bring in Carson Palmer and I doubt that Campbell is back next year. The timing is bad for this kid. The Raiders have put together a minor winning streak here. Look out for them. Inquisitive Mind 5 - 4 for the week.
Dallas @ New England
- Cowboys gave this game away, period. They had everything going that they needed to do in order to win in New England but couldn't close the deal. Is Romo who we thought he was? Is he a closer? Or is he just a better than average QB? Answers will be shown over the next 4 or 5 games by the Cowboys. Inquisitive Mind 6 - 4 for the week.
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
- Congrats to Raheem Morris and this Tampa team as they look legit. They have a good QB, a good RB and they play defense. Watch out for them if they are on your schedule. How long can this young team find ways to win? Inquisitive Mind 6 - 5 for the week.
Minnesota @ Chicago
- Are the Bears that good or are the Vikings that bad? Neither question was answered, but I will say that the Bears have upped (I know that's not a word) the expectations for them in the Chicago area by beating this team so soundly. I don't think the Bears are that good, but we'll find out soon. Lovie can say that we're where we were last year, so we're ok. I don't believe that. Inquisitive Mind 7 - 5 for the week.
Miami @ New York Jets
- The Dolphins and more specifically Brandon Marshall gave this game away. How many passes did he drop? How many were in the end zone? They were already at a disadvantage, but that didn't help. That may have saved Tony Sparano's job by getting that win. Well, the only thing that would save his job is probably them going to the Superbowl, so we don't have to worry about that. Sparano, start cleaning out the office and be ready to bounce at any time after the bye week. Inquisitive Mind 8 - 5 for the week.
Bad week!!! 8-5 is for people who don't know what they're talking about. That puts me squarely at 60-30 for the year. Seems like I need to hanging out with Mike Golic a little more as he is leading me by 6 games.