Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bad Math Strikes Again

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just wanted to see what came out of this story. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane and his cousin James Kane. These two young guys (20 and 21 respectively) hailed a cab after a night of drinking. Upon arrival to their destination there was some concern about a $13.80 cab fare. The two cousins gave the 62, Jan Radecki, $15 and demanded change. I'm talking about $1.20. When Radecki informed them that he didn't have the change, Patrick Kane took the money back and tried to leave the cab. Radecki locked the doors and demanded payment. The two cousins ended up bludgeoning the 62 year old man and left the cab with their money in hand and probably a little happy about the 'fun' they just had.

Let's turn the page. Patrick Kane is one of the Chicago Blackhawks stars, the top overall pick in 2007. He won the Calder Trophy, given to the best rookie in the NHL. He was going to be on the cover of EA Sports new hockey game (they are contemplating taking him off now). Radecki brought assault charges and theft charges (for stealing the fare) against Kane and I am sure that there will be a settlement (financial) for Radecki in all of this. So, I've beaten up Michael Vick and Michael Phelps for bad math and now I am on this guy. You are willing to sacrifice all of the money that you make and notoriety over a $13.80 cab fare?


Was this all worth it? If you're a millionaire, do you argue with a cabbie over $1.20? Do you beat a guy up over $1.20? Over $15?

No comments: