Can't seem to get back on track. This thing is harder than I thought. Let's take a look at Week 8 games.
Arizona @ Baltimore
- Have you ever had that feeling that you wanted to pick up your TV and just throw it out into the street because you're watching a game and you feel like there's nothing you can do to effect the outcome? That was this game. How can the Ravens be world killers (beating the Steelers in week 1) and then play down to competition like these Cardinals? They finally snuck this one out, but the Ravens got a lot of explaining to do. Next week it gets tougher. Inquisitive Mind 1 - 0 for the week.
Minnesota @ Carolina
- Great game, and Olindo Mare nukes Cam Newton. I did like the fact that Newton basically laid the blame on his team (including himself) and he didn't take the easy road of blaming the kicker. The kid is growing up right in front of our eyes and I imagine that he's going to keep getting better. The Vikings got a win by giving the ball to AP 21 times and I can't imagine who would have thought that would be the answer for them to win some more games (please understand the sarcasm). Inquisitive Mind 1 -1 for the week.
Jacksonville @ Houston
- Blaine Gabbert is not looking good at all and maybe there's a guy with a #9 (Garrard) on his back sitting at home and watching with a smile on his face. All I got to say is when you go to Luke McCown as your QB, it's tough on the team. The Texans rode Arian Foster for 33 carries for 112 yards and a TD. Still waiting and wondering when we'll see Andre Johnson again. Inquisitive Mind 2 - 1 for the week.
Miami @ New York Giants
- I'm not a Sparano supporter, but I'm going to tell you this, his team gave the Giants all they could handle in this game. I mean they played hard and came up short on a few plays or they pull off a big upset. I mean Matt Moore is their starting QB and Reggie 'Kim is Free' Bush is their starting running back. Not a lot of star power or production in that backfield.Inquisitive Mind 3 - 1 for the week.
New Orleans @ St. Louis - WOW! The Saints pull a disappearing act and the Rams show up. I don't think anyone outside of the state of Missouri would have picked this, even with the World Series winners in the house. I think the best thing said about this game was that 'if the Saints don't do well the rest of the season, people are going to look at this game as the reason'. Inquisitive Mind 3 - 2 for the week.
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
- Titans win was a good one. They are quietly having a good year even without Chris Johnson not playing well. My only question is what happens when Johnson turns that switch to on? Inquisitive Mind 4 - 2 for the week.
Detroit @ Denver - Didn't think it would be that bad of a butt whuppin but the Lions enjoyed this one a little too much. I felt bad for Tebow because his receivers didn't help him at all by trying to get open in press coverage. He's gotta get rid of the ball, but they gotta give him a target. We all knew that the Lions were going to crowd the line of scrimmage and blitz and the Broncos weren't ready. Not sure if this was an indictment of Tebow. Inquisitive Mind 5 - 2 for the week.
Washington @ Buffalo
- Sad day to be a Redskin. Did they really award the Bills another sack, today?!?!? Inquisitive Mind 6 - 2 for the week.
Cincinnati @ Seattle
- This game wasn't even fair. I know Pete Carroll is somewhere today rolling over in his grave? I guess this is pay back for not giving himself a 5 or 6 game suspension for the silliness that he allowed to happen at USC? Inquisitive Mind 7 - 2 for the week.
Cleveland @ San Francisco - Harbaugh is Coach of the Year so far in my book if for no other reason than the fact that he is finding a way to win with Alex Smith as his QB. Nuff said, ballot closed (drops mic, exists stage left). Inquisitive Mind 8 - 2 for the week.
New England @ Pittsburgh
- Great game!!! The Steelers pressed the Patriots into submission. Now the Patriots are looking beatable and the Steelers are looking even better since they'll be getting Harrison back in two or so weeks. The only hope is Woodley will be following him back to the field in the near future. Inquisitive Mind 8 -3 for the week.
Dallas @ Philadelphia
- I watched this game and had to think about my uncle John. He's a retired Philadelphia paramedic who happens to love the Cowboys (for some reason). I know he was crying in his beer when Eagles put that beatdown on the Cowboys. I felt like I could have gotten out there and thrown for a TD or something. Maybe Romo isn't the man the Cowboys need? When will Jerry figure that out? Inquisitive Mind 9 - 3 for the week.
San Diego @ Kansas City
- I did say 'it's Halloween and we never know what could happen' and that about explains the entirety of the game. The Chargers couldn't find a way into the end zone for the majority of the game and the Chiefs looked like the team that we expected they'd be come opening weekend. Then it all went wrong for the Chargers and more specifically Philip Rivers and it's over just like that. The Chiefs have a share of the AFC West crown. Repeat that a few times until it sinks in. I can't even kid the guys on the train anymore about their Chiefs. What a difference a few weeks make? Inquisitive Mind 9 - 4 for the week.
Not bad, but the Patriots and the Chargers let me down big time. So a 9-4 week puts us squarely at 76-40 for the season and still behind. Gotta gain some ground. Golic is still killing us!!!!!