Wednesday, August 06, 2008

$50 Million


I don't think this is news, but hey,.....someone in LeBron's camp has told the media that LeBron would go to Europe and play there, instead of the NBA, for a deal worth close to $50M a year.

Hmmm,......who wouldn't? I mean at $50M a year, you could be the global icon that LeBron wishes to be. LeBron averaged, 30pts, 8 boards and 7 assists last year. He could probably average a triple double in Europe and bring out the fans. (As I'm writing this, I just got some interesting news,....) I would go to Europe and play basketball for 1/10th of what LeBron would charge (using my Jerry Stackhouse math - I'm worth at least 1/3 of what MJ is worth when MJ was getting paid $30M+ a year). I could give you 4 pts, 1 board, and 1 assist for $5M a year (any takers?). First off, there isn't a team in Europe that can pull this off, at least not yet, well at least no one but some of the Russian teams (they're doing great with gas right now). I think that anyone would be sick not to entertain an opportunity at $50M a year. Cleveland fans, now you have to worry about losing James to one of the NY teams and/or possibly a European club. Danny Ferry better have his ducks in a row.

No comments: