Monday, August 11, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid


Bloomfield Township - MI - Why not just hand out the 'Sorry Charlies' to these guys before the tournament even started. Again, we have a PGA Championship Title sans Tiger and none, let me repeat NONE of the big boys stepped up to make a case for themselves (except for one, Pedraig Harrington). This is the time guys, Tiger is at home recuperating and playing daddy and you have the opportunity to win a few majors while he's gone. This would help cement your reputation as winners, 'one of the best', or whatever other title you're looking to get. The two biggest culprits that didn't stand up, yet again, are Sergio Garcia and Phil Mickelson. (Shaking my head as I write this,..) I picked Sergio to finally come off the schnide and get a major. He was playing well and put a big scare into everyone on the final day, but to no avail, 2nd place. Phil Mickelson stayed withing striking distance until the final day and just trailed off to a +4 for the Championship. At least Phil has won before and under some mighty bright lights, but is Garcia snake bitten? Is this as good as it gets for him? Yes, he's a late 20's guy with a lot of money, he's decent looking, probably has the homes, the cars, but not the jewelry that counts, a major trophy. When does he finally put it all together? I'm not sure, but I do know that he'll never get any ink from me again, no, no more rooting for this guy to win. Phil, I have a healthy amount of dislike against, but now I'm just feeling plain sorry for Sergio.

No comments: