Friday, August 15, 2008

Getting Back in the Saddle

Wow,....been gone for 3 days, this 'work' thing gets in the way sometimes. Well, since I've been gone a lot has happened. Let's take a look:
Winning in Beijing - As I mentioned previously I wasn't going to say much about the Olympics, but after being in a hotel for the past few days with only local channels on the TV (hey I got free breakfasts out of the deal, isn't that special) I actually watched the Olympics. I saw the USA Women's gymnastics team losing to the team from China (a group of 7 year olds) and I saw Michael Phelps. If you remember my previous post I didn't put him in there as someone that I wished well to. Not that I'm jealous, but it's not that exciting. But, to watch this guy dominate race after race and not seem to be winded (swimming in two separate races withing an hour of each) is quite amazing. He has set 6 world records (well his team helped him also) in winning his 6 gold medals. Can't really put this in perspective. The only way to think about it is that he's in China with the best in his sport and his killing them.
Cavs Blockbuster - Well LeBron wanted a point guard and LeBron gets what he wants. The Cavs trade and pick up Mo Williams from the Bucks. They lose Joe Smith (still a viable low post scorer in someones second unit) and Damon Jones (nothing but talk and brightly colored suits). This deal is going to help the Cavs a lot. Williams can break people down and get to the hole, but he is also a good 'point' guard. He'll get others involved and allow James to just have to finish instead of carrying the whole load. If they aren't already, Delonte West, pack your bags.
76ers - Finally get Andre Iguodala to sign on the dotted line. 6 years and $80M will do that for you. This is a deal that had to get done, don't know if he's worth it, but hey, make your money. The Sixers should be in the top 4 or 5 in the East this year. Dangerous team.

Team USA Basketball - A decisive win over Greece and the boys are almost there. They aren't hitting the 3 with regularity and the bogs aren't scoring a lot, but the US seems on their way to getting the gold back where it belongs.

No comments: