Thursday, August 21, 2008

Which One of These Is Not Like The Others?

Now unless you're R. Kelly, I think it's safe to assume which one girl in this picture is 16 years of age or older. The International Olympic Committee is now asking that this be further investigated since it seems that a hacker has uncovered the fact that these Chinese gymnasts are not (gasp) 16. 5 out of the 6 girls on the Chinese team have passports that say that they are 16. Who in their right mind thinks that the 'truth' is going to come out of this? This is China we're talking about. Haven't we already had a milli vanilli moment, fake fireworks, the banning of native Tibetans working in Shanghai during the Olympics, and violated their pledge for open media access. A Canadian gymnastics coach has been quoted as saying 'I can't go to the Canadian government and get them to give me a passport' for an athlete. Oh Canada!!! How gullible do you have to be? To me, these girls look lucky to be 12 and I'm a grown man. I know in gymnastics it's all about flexibility, but I don't know what's worse for the American gymnasts, losing to a strong Chinese team or losing to a 12 year old. I guess in the end we'll see what happens, if these girls are found to be underage, the US gymnasts have a lot to gain, like some gold medals. I doubt the Chinese government is going to allow this to happen.

No comments: