Thursday, August 28, 2008

Drinking the Kool Aid


I think I wrote about this earlier, but now I'm obviously either food deprived or sleep deprived to see that SI has come out and picked,....(gulp), their projected Super Bowl loser, and it's,...(wow),....the Philadelphia Eagles. SI has them going 12-4 and losing to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl in Tampa, FL. What in hades are they thinking? Am I the only sane person left in cyberspace? I took a look at the roster, and don't get me wrong, McNabb I like (Chicago should have found a way to get him in the off season), I love Dawkins (one of the best players over the years for the Eagles) and they (on paper) have a better than average defense. The problem I see is on the other side of the ball. There are really only two questions:

1) How long can Westbrook hold up?
2) Who is McNabb going to throw the ball to?

The answers are as follows: 1- Hopefully all season, but he's been the rock for this team on offense for years, unfortunately something bad is bound to happen. 2 - I hope LJ Smith and often (my Fantasy Football TE), but it just can't be LJ all the time.

In the month of September I see them losing twice - Cowboys and Steelers
In the month of October I see them losing once - Redskins
In the month of November I see them losing three times - Giants, Seahawks, and pick between Bengals or Ravens
In the month of December I see them losing once - pick between the Browns, Redskins, or Cowboys.

That's 7 loses right there. Is this team that much better than a 9-7 record? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see them making it to the Super Bowl this year unless they get a group rate and book tickets now. Am I crazy?!?!?

No comments: