Friday, August 08, 2008

Smith Offer Sheet


Wow, Josh Smith signs an offer sheet with the Memphis Grizzlies for 5 years and $58M. The Hawks have 7 days to match. In my mind, this should be a simple deal for the Hawks to match. I mean you've lost Childress and this deal isn't that much worse than the deal that Deng was offered last year (5 yrs, $55M). Can you get a bargain at $58M? If so, I think this is it. This kid will have to continue to work on his game, but he can get you 17pts, 9 rebs, 4 blks, and more a game. He's a live body, and they'll just have to work on his attitude. This is a good deal regardless of who is paying the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this should be a no brainer for the hawks. j-schmoove is a beast (and no only because of his fantasy dominance). he and rudy in memphis would make me watch the 11pm sportscenter and nba channel just for the posterizations.

my bad on the language. in the words of RA, "just keepin' it real."