Monday, August 18, 2008

And the Winner Is,.....

The Bears have chosen their starting QB, and the winner is.........Kyle Orton. Something that I had hoped and predicted would happen. I don't think that this is a bad decision. Grossman has shown us that he is consistently inconsistent. He may have some good games, but they are just, good. His bad games are horriawful. I mean not being able to get the ball from the center and throwing picks like Neil O'Donnell was throwing to Larry Brown in Super Bowl XXX. One of my guys, who happens to be a Bears fan, told me that Grossman led his team to the Super Bowl. My response to that is that Grossman was on the bus, but he definitely wasn't driving nor was he giving directions. He was sitting somewhere on the bus near the broken bathroom.
Orton may not 'wow' you with his big arm or ability to put the ball in a tight space (he has never thrown for more than 200 yards in a game since 2005), but he won't lose you games. He can manage a game and every now and then take a shot. Let's all agree that the Bears offensive line isn't a strong point of this team. They have a decent defense and a better than average special team, so now they are at a point where they have to have a QB not lose games. The Bears better hope that their defense returns to the top of the league where they were a few years ago, otherwise I could play QB for them and they still won't do anything. Good luck Kyle, I'm rooting for you.

No comments: