Friday, October 24, 2008

Fantasy Football Week 8

I know it's been a while, but things have been busy. Here's the quick update. 1) I'm 2-5 and presently 8th in the league out of 12. 2) Big Game Hunter is a perfect 7-0 and talking trash as we speak. 3) The playoffs are coming soon and yes, I'm talking playoffs. Here are the matchups for this week.

Cold Ones (2-5) vs. Potomac PimpSlappers (2-5)

Trent Edwards - QB (Buf) ----- Brett Favre - QB (NYJ)
Terrell Owens - WR (Dal) ----- Ike Hilliard - WR (NYG)
Santana Moss - WR (Was) ----- Wes Welker - WR (NE)
Lee Evans - WR (Buf) ----- Marques Colston - WR (NO)
Thomas Jones - RB (NYJ) ----- Maurice Jones-Drew - RB (Jac)
Marshawn Lynch - RB (Buf) ----- Tim Hightower - RB (Ari)
L. J. Smith - TE (Phi) ----- Jason Witten - TE (Dal)
Nate Kaeding - K (SD) ----- Matt Bryant - K (TB)
Tampa Bay (DEF) ----- Philadelphia (DEF)

So far I'm looking good but I do have cause for concern. TO hasn't done anything in weeks and Brad Johnson being his QB is going to suck. I have 3 Bills players playing and that always concerns me to have all of your eggs in one basket (one game). Philadelphia is playing Atlanta at home while Tampa Bay is playing the Cowboys in Big D. The Cowboys could win that game, although I'm not expecting that to happen. I have JT O'Sullivan (vs. Seattle), Dominic Rhodes, Dustin Keller, Roy Williams, and Devery Henderson on the bench. Nevertheless here's the rest of the schedule.

Charlotte PrimeTime! (3-4) vs. Big Game Hunter (7-0)
The Quite Franklies (3-4) vs. Techno Raiders (2-5)
Air Raiders (3-4) vs. RDU Saints (6-1)
They Might Be Giants (2-5) vs. Tha Bruthaz (2-5)
RobbBobbyBilly (5-2) vs. Silver & Black Rules (5-2)

This league has really turned into the have and the have nots with 4 teams at 5-2 or better. We have a few more weeks before the playoffs begin, so I am in a win NOW mode. Check back on Monday to see how I did.

If you have any advice, please drop me a comment or something. I am taking all advice (may not use it), but better to have and not use it than to never have it at all.

No comments: