Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fantasy Football Week 1


Ok, due to the Thursday night start to the NFL season (more on that later), I have to have my roster in (Cold Ones) before 6pm CST tonight. The schedule for our league for Week 1 looks as follows:
Big Game Hunter vs Cold Ones

Potomac PimpSlappers vs The Quite Franklies

Silver & Black Rules vs They Might Be Giants

RobbBobbyBilly vs Charlotte PrimeTime!

Techno Raiders vs Air Raiders

RDU Saints vs Tha Bruthaz

For my team, going against the Big Game Hunter is a plus since he talks THE most trash in our league. Not only is he French Huguenot, but he's supposedly fast too. The match up looks like this:
Cold Ones vs Big Game Hunter
Carson Palmer (QB - Cin) ----- Jon Kitna (QB - Det)
Terrell Owens (WR - Dal) ----- Reggie Wayne (WR - Ind)
Roy Williams (WR - Det) ----- Donald Driver (WR - GB)
Lee Evans (WR - Buf) ----- Vincent Jackson (WR - SD)
Marshawn Lynch (RB - Buf) ----- Steven Jackson (RB - STL)
Thomas Jones (RB - NYJ) ----- Michael Turner (RB - ATL)
LJ Smith (TE - Phi) ----- Jeremy Shockey (TE - NO)
Jeff Reed (K - Pitt) ----- Josh Brown (K - STL)
Indianapolis (DEF) ----- Oakland (DEF)

So right now I'm feeling pretty good about my chances as this should be a close game. I'm hoping that Carson Palmer steps it up and plays well against Baltimore. If you got any suggestions to change my lineup, let me know. I have Rashard Mendenhall, Ronald Curry, Santa Moss, Vince Young, Devery Henderson, Ahman Green, and Chris Taylor on the bench (I think you understand why I have the guys above as starters. The Cold Ones are looking to start the season off 1-0. Big Game Hunter prepare to be hunted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a glorious day it is!! The start of all that is good in the world......football season! I'm a fantasy fool as much as the next guy, as evidenced by playing in three leagues; just can't get enough of the NFL.

Your squad looks pretty good for Week #1, although the Buffalo connection could be a bit interesting given that they're playing Seattle. If it goes well, think about adding Trent Edwards and dropping Vince Young if he's available. Hell, with 12 teams and 16 players per, you just might see my name on the free agent listing; there can't be much left. Buffalo has the 6th easiest schedule this year which should put them (the new tripplets) in good position to put up some good numbers. I know the games are played on the field, but stats have to count for something, right?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.