Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Monday Night NFL Wrap Up Week 1

Talk about egg/pie/or something else all in my face. 8-7 (my picks for Week 1) gets you fired in most NFL arenas (well let's just say that I went 9-7). All I can say about last night is that I hope they don't do another double header on Monday Night Football, and I hope that the Raiders aren't this bad all year long.
Minnesota @ Green Bay - Well, 'He ain't no Brett Favre' actually showed up and played decently. Because of that, we'll use his real name, Aaron Rodgers. For a while I thought this was going to be the longest game in the history of football with all of the penalties that were being called. There's an old adage that there's a penalty on every play in a football game, it's just whether the refs decide to call them,...and for a while they were. Both of these team's defenses looked great and AP looked good on the ground, but even I could scheme against the Vikings. 'Hey, we're gonna put 8 in the box each play. Get to a hole and make a tackle'. Congrats to Aaron Rodgers for getting his first win.

Denver @ Oakland - Talk about a terrible coin flip. The Raiders got one of those butt whuppins that the Eagles and the Steelers gave out on Sunday. I'm glad I didn't stay up too long on this one. At one point, I saw the Raiders struggle to get a yard, one yard on a QB sneak,....and they have a 6'5", 270 pound QB. They just can't be this bad all year,...they just can't and I'm not a Raiders fan. Russell had decent stats, but at the end of it all, he got an L.

No comments: